Five takeaways from Governor Holcomb’s most recent Executive Order (the “Order”):
- As a general matter, businesses must require their employees to wear face coverings and should place signs at the entrances of their facilities, stating that face coverings are required for entry. The Order outlines exceptions to that general rule.
- Businesses should review their COVID-19 response plan, ensure that the plan is current and is fully compliant with the Order’s requirements, provide the updated plan to all of their employees and staff, and post the updated plan publicly.
- Businesses should post online whether a facility is open and how to best reach the facility and access services by phone or by other remote means, to the extent applicable.
- Businesses should monitor the “score” for the county in which they are located and follow score specific guidelines.
- The Order includes enforcement provisions, and businesses should be prepared for potential investigations of their COVID-19 related response.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive discussion of the Order.
This advisory has been prepared by Carson LLP for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Copyright 2020, Carson LLP, 301 W. Jefferson Blvd. STE 200, Fort Wayne, Indiana, 46802. All rights reserved. Date of Advisory 11/16/2020.